Monday, April 8, 2013

The DOVE knocks on door


This is a video of the dove, after she pecked at my door, and I opened it to let her in, for a bite to eat. I already had established a meal schedule with her.

My neighbors fed her breakfast, and she would typically arrive at my door at noon, where I gave her her lunch, and then while I made dinner for dad, I'd see her knock on my kitchen window, and then fly down and peck at the door until I let her in for supper. I fixed her a feast of custom blend parrot seed with fruits and nuts, some fresh corn, and 12 grain bread, soaked in water (just to make sure she got liquids) and she loved every bite. That little cutie ate her weight in seed and corn.

Then, she'd go to the door, and wait for me to let her go.
She never yearned to fly around my home, or stay inside. Otherwise, I would have certainly kept her as a baby pet.

She loved the freedom of flying in the sky, from this building to others, and to keep her selfishly as my own was not an option, although, I wish it was, because, I truly fell in love with her.

I didn't feel embarrassed to talk to her, every time I saw her, and she cocked her tiny head, opening and closing her precious beak, as if she was mutely responding.

Doves are sacred birds. The Holy Spirit appeared as a literal dove, when Yehushua was arisen from water, after baptism. 

People  gloss over this fact, feeling somewhat uncomfortable in interpreting the incredible profundity.

In symbolism, a dove is the epitome of gentleness and meekness. For YHWH to represent His SPIRIT as a dove speaks in a way that is powerful and tremendously moving. 

In Matthew 11, Jesus is quoted as saying:
 
Mat 11:28   Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29   Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30   For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.


"I am meek..."  The fact that the LORD identifies as a dove, is juxtaposed with his identification as a lion. The use of animals in visualizing GOD is also sometimes lost on the human race. This shows the perfect design of His Plan, and that these meek creatures are sacred, as well. They don't need to repent, as we do. They don't need to pray, as we do. They are already one with God.



















No comments:

Post a Comment